From Asia, with Love

/
2 Comments

It's a big day to Asians, particularly if you're a tennis freak like me.

Li Na of China becomes the first Chinese player to win a Grand Slam Women's Singles title at the French Open 2011. She beat the defending champion, Francesca Schiavone of Italy 6-4, 7-6 (0) in a match that saw the collision between China National flags and thunderous chants for Schiavone throughout.  It was a hard match to watch since I generally fancy both of them. But Li Na was obviously the better player, and since Schiavone had her own historic French Open moment last year, I was on Li Na's side today. 

Congratulations, Li Na!

P/S: My siblings were wondering why the Williams sisters were nowhere to be seen at the French Open this year. Duh, they certainly need to catch up. And tomorrow, the Men's Singles final is set to entertain featuring the arguably greatest rivals in tennis, Rafael Nadal vs. Roger Federer.

And I would certainly feel insulted if you even had to ask my pick.


You may also like

2 comments:

AA said...

Li Na dah jadi champion la ni. :D

Aziz said...

Yes, she has =)