Tough Cookie

/
2 Comments
Like everyone else, I had to refresh the page so many times when I finally got through.

But it was worth it. It was worth every click.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.
Praise be to Allah.

It wasn't the best result I've ever attained thus far, but I did enough to make it to The List one more time.
And I am proud for one thing.
That last semester I signed up for tough lecturers; the likes of P.M Kieran and Dr Faizah.
Those everyone agreed upon were hard-to-please people.
And they awarded me good grades. I couldn't possibly ask for more.

To everyone who made it to the Dean's List, you know it's something you earned through sweat, tears and sleepless nights; not falling from the sky onto your idle lap. Smile and be contented, for today is your day.

To those who didn't make it, you know it's not the end of the road. Look up to the cloudy sky above, find the silver lining, dust yourself off and get going. It's a long road. We barely made it halfway.

I, out of all people, know it perfectly well how it feels to fall down flat. But as cliche has it, you're officially walloped only when you fall down and refuse to wake up. Winners don't dwell on. They move on and come back stronger.

And finally, let us all set a sky-high target for next semester! borrowing the wise words of Michelangelo, the greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.

What a wisdom.
What a beautiful, inspiring wisdom :)



You may also like

2 comments:

Azie Nazri said...

Alhamdulillah, hard work, endless doa and tawakal the key to success. Congratulations Aziz! :)

Aziz said...

Many thanks, Azie.
I believe you did well also :)

Alhamdulillah :)