Where She Belongs

/
0 Comments
It hurt me so much the other day when I assessed how unfairly the Americans had treated Serena during her controversial semi-finals match against Kim Clijsters. I have been to many major sports websites, and believe me, you would not find one without racial remarks thrown at her. Whatever they might say, I have come to conclude that racism is still very much alive in America. Period.

This therefore, had led me to ignore the sport that I love so much for a moment until today. It had been so very much painful than you thought it would be. So today, I decided to finally have a peep at the now progressing WTA China Open. When I surfed yahoo sports today, the headline read:

Back to No.1

With her 2nd round triumph over her russian opponent, Serena will topple the current world No.1 Dinara Safina. This is the fourth time Serena has owned the top Ranking, leaving Dinara Safina hugely humiliated for not being able to cement her status with any Grand Slam titles during her unimpressive reign.

I suppose this is even more meaningful to Serena after what happened in the recent US Open. Americans have never opened their heart to the Williams sisters, regardless of what they might have done to earn such respect. Maybe it's just the nature of human beings, that we do not really see what we have got under our own nose until it's gone.

Maybe it's time for them to consider retirement. For good.


You may also like

No comments: