Better Day

/
0 Comments
Out of hundreds of Raya songs, I have always loved this particular song collaboratively sung by Raihan, Now See Heart, Rem and Ajai: Lebaran Ini. Maybe it is the chorus that has the most meaningful lyric I have ever heard.

"Ikhlaskan Hati Mohon Kemaafan,
Leburlah Dosa di Tapak Tangan,
Lupakan Segala Silap dan Salah,
Insan bersatu membina Ummah..."

This evening, my mum asked my entire family to get dressed. At that time, i was really exhausted and my legs did not show any sign of cooperation. So I decently declined her invitation. Then she said:

"Mak nak menziarahi pak cik Samsuddin".

I wish my ears were out of service. Yet at the same time, i wish I heard it right.

Pak Cik Samsuddin is my mum's eldest brother. They had not been in speaking terms for years. And when I said years, I really meant it. They had not spoken to each other for more than 10 years or so because of things I am still not clear about. The last time I saw them speaking to each other was back in 2006 when my Granny died -- and they still had a fight at that time because my Granny had told my mum to not let this particular uncle of mine to touch her dead body.

So when my mum kindly suggested this 'social visit', I was not the only one who was not keen at this idea. My father also inclined. So did my other siblings. Not because we hated him or what, but mostly because my mum had tried to put things back together with him previously and he looked away in disgust. So, it was clear why we declined to get humiliated for the second time.

But she insisted to go.

"Ni hari baik. Bulan baik. Yang lepas tu, lepas lah."

Out of respect, my siblings as well as my father agreed to go. This plan was later co-participated by other relatives of mine and it looked like we were ready to invade my uncle's house, and strangle him to death if he did not want to reconcile.

But this is what Islam has long taught us, Muslim. That there's one very special day, very special auspicious day He promises blessings and wonders more than any ordinary day, when we celebrate by continuously praising Him, saying "Allahu Akbar" -- Allah the Almighty, worshiping Him and on His name, we unite. And He never betrays his words. Never. And it was proven today.

I could not hide my tears when my mum and my uncle hugged each other, tears flooded their eyes and forgiveness sought and given. Even my dad looked away to hide his tears. I was completely moved. This has been a joyous celebration for me. I am thankful to Allah, Alhamdulillah.

You will see wonder when in your heart, there is this trait called Sincerity. Only then you will open your heart for forgiveness, be it given or taken. As how the raindrops falling to the ground, that's how our sins will be falling and washed away.

Anas (ra), a companion of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) reported that when the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) migrated from Makkah to Madinah, the people of Madinah used to have two festivals. On those two days they had carnivals and festivity. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) asked the Ansaar (the Muslims of Madinah) about it. They replied that before Islam they used to have carnivals on those two joyous days. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told them: 'Instead of those two days, Allah has appointed two other days which are better, the days of Eid-al-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha.' (Hadith)


Allahu Akbar.
Allahu Akbar.
Allahu Akbar.

Allah The Almighty.


You may also like

No comments: