Lose Your Head Not

/
0 Comments
It saddens me with the current religious dispute. In one part, I thank God that some Muslims are still heeding the calls of the religion, keep their faith in check and are still concerned with anything that may stain the aqidah of the people.

Alas, in other greater part, it saddens the to the pit of my dignity as a Muslim with the latest church attacks, if such imbecilic act was inflicted by the Muslims themselves, for Islam has never taught us that way. What rational messages do we send by portraying such traits? That Muslims are emotional. Muslims can't think right when the situation calls for it. Muslims are extreme. Muslims always resort to violence.

I am deeply disappointed. This morning alone, I received a phone call from my mum, advising me not to go out without purpose, for she fears with the current unrest. She told me she wasn't aware of the latest church attacks until a chinese friend of hers informed her. Even in this event, I can find a punchline. A chinese friend of my mum told her this.

A friend of different faith.

That's to say, back in my state, we don't touch sensitive issues as we wish. We are aware of the differences, and nothing will bring us together but mutual reverence. In fact, as far to my conscious knowledge, Sabah has got the most number of churches as compared to other states in Malaysia, not to mention the best example of melting pot there is. Even back in school, we got a big mosque, a temple and a church built close to each other. We have differences for a purpose: not to find similarities, but how to preserve them and appreciate differences to bring unity in us.

As a Muslim myself, I know this is an issue of great importance, but act not foolishly. Let the judicial authorities do their job. For the time being, let us all keep our emotion in check.

"And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus we have made fair, seemingly to each people its own doing; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do" - Al-An'am, 108.




You may also like

No comments: